Transit Terms and Conditions
Orders will be despatched within two working days providing funds have cleared. Delivery times are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Be aware that delivery to some remote locations may take up to 14 working days. We always try our hardest to deliver items promptly however couriers and freight are out of our control and therefore we cannot guarantee and are not responsible for any delay in delivery.
Under our Terms and Conditions of sale, delivery of goods is at the customer’s risk from the time of delivery to the transport company.
Any damage incurred in transit is a matter between the customer and the transport company.
If you are concerned about damage or loss of goods in transit we recommend you purchase TNT or Australia Post transit insurance (TNT Extended Warranty).
Freight charges are calculated on the delivery location and the item. A combined shipping charge will be given at the Shopping Cart checkout prior to payment.
Please ensure your goods are fully delivered in good condition before you sign the "Proof of Delivery."
In the case of TNT Express Re-Delivery Charges could be incurred if no-one is present to accept the delivery. In this case your credit card may be debited with the additional charge. Providing a business address will help avoid any re-delivery charges.
Delivery times are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
Shipping & Delivery
Jeff’s Shed delivers throughout Australia using the option of Australia Post, the Australian Government postal service. The total postage charge for your order is calculated automatically during the checkout process, and added to the cost of your purchase before payment is requested. The postage charge includes handling expenses. For large items that Australia Post won't deliver we use TNT Express. If you wish to use your own courier service please call us to arrange this.
Due to circumstances beyond our control the postage charge calculated by the system may occasionally not be sufficient to cover delivery of your order. If this is the case we will contact you prior to processing your order and advise you of the corrected charge.
TNT Terms and Conditions:
We will attempt to deliver to the address nominated by you. Delivery is deemed to be effected when we receive a signed receipt or delivery docket confirming that the goods were received in good condition.
- If that address is unattended, delivery is deemed to have occurred and we may leave the goods at that address unattended.
- If the delivery address is unattended and we elect to re-deliver the goods to you, we will charge you for the costs of the re-delivery including any storage costs we may incur.
- We will not in any circumstances deliver goods to a post office box.
- Notify promptly if you have a claim
- If you believe we are liable to you, you must:
- notify us immediately; and
- send your written notice of claim to us within 14 days.
- If we do not receive a written notice from you within that time, we will have no liability to you. Notwithstanding your claim, you remain liable to pay our charges under this Agreement.
- We will have no liability to you, even if you give us a written notice within that time, if you do not commence legal proceedings against us within 6 months of the date of delivery.
For those customers who wish to have Extended Warranty applied to selected consignments (freight), simply select the TNT Extended Warranty box at the checkout.
Class C Unrestricted Warranty:
Cost is $6.00 (plus $0.60 GST) per $100 value of the goods*
We agree to deliver the goods (including glasswear, fragile goods, porcelain, enamel goods, and computers) to the location identified in the consignment note in the same condition that the goods were delivered to us. It covers freight from the time of pick-up to the time of delivery. If the goods are not so delivered, we will pay the value of the goods, or if the goods are damaged the reasonable cost of repair of the goods. Our liability to you is limited to the amount of Extended Warranty elected on the consignment note.
TNT Express Terms and Conditions
Customers should refer to our latest Terms and Conditions which are available on our website www.tnt.com.au or by contacting us on 13 11 50.
How do I claim?
The first step is to tell us about the matter immediately. Contact 13 11 50 if your consignment is missing. For damaged goods, make a note on your delivery documentation at the time of delivery then contact 13 11 50. Once we have verified that the item was covered by the Extended Warranty chosen, we will send you a claim form to return to us along with any relevant supporting documents. The claim form must be returned to TNT Express within 14 days from date of receipt by faxing it to 02 8304 8667, or by mailing it to PO Box 779, Mascot NSW 1460.
Supporting documents may include photographs, independent quotes, invoices to support your valuation of the goods, repairers' invoices etc. Depending on the value of the consignment and circumstances, TNT Express may require an assessment by its own investigators prior to the acceptance of the claim, so you must ensure that damaged freight or packaging is not disposed of or repaired until advised by TNT Express. In most cases, however, approved claims will be paid within 28 days of the claim form being lodged. Your claim is excess-free (i.e., you do not have to pay any claim excess).
Extended Warranty exclusions
- Extended Warranty is only for physical loss or damage. We are not liable for any form of consequential loss. Extended Warranty does not include failure to deliver the goods or damage to the goods caused by mechanical derangement or latent defect.
- TNT Express does not offer any form of Extended Warranty for goods it describes as "restricted", for example, dangerous goods. A full list of such items may be found on our website www.tnt.com.au.
- The packaging of goods is the sender's responsibility. Care must be taken as incorrect packaging may void any claim in the event that the goods are damaged.
- Prices quoted are correct as at the date of publication but are subject to change from time to time.
All other liability to you
Services are supplied at your risk. You bear the risk of loss or damage to the goods, unless TNT have agreed to extend the warranty for carriage of the goods, in which case TNT are liable to pay only up to the limit of the Extended Warranty
* Rates quoted are correct as at 1 August 2005